1. Look for the ICC (Import Commodity Clearance) sticker. It’s a unique number so no two stickers should carry the same number. This sticker means the products have been approved by the Bureau of Product Standards Laboratory.
2. Indoor lights are only for indoor use. Do not put them outdoors because if it suddenly rains, there is a danger of starting a fire. Use outdoor lights for outdoor use.
3. Inspect light sets if it operates.
4. Avoid crack in wires.
5. If it smells funky, throw it away!
6. Test the products before purchasing.